I have always been a fan of the banned book. My parents will tell you, if you tell me not to do it, that’s the first thing I want to do. Here is a list of some of my favorite banned reads, in no particular order.
- Ulysses-James Joyce
- Tropic of Cancer-Henry Miller
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover-D.H. Miller
- Go Tell It On The Mountain-James Baldwin
- For Whom the Bell Tolls-Ernest Hemingway
- To Kill a Mockingbird-Harper Lee
- Native Son-Richard Wright
- The Sun Also Rises-Ernest Hemingway (it’s safe to say I love everything he’s ever done)
- Slaughterhouse Five-Kurt Vonnegut (again, love his entire oeuvre)
- Of Mice and Men-John Steinbeck
Feel free to add to this list!